The Canal HouseAddress: Calle 5ta. Ave. A. Casco Antiguo, Panama City
The turn of the century, Spanish-built Canal House is a restored luxury boutique hotel offering colonial elegance with just the right amount of sophistication. The house is spacious with three stories, containing three suites, a library and a large living and dining room. A New York Times "Editors Pick", the Canal House caters to leisure and business travelers who desire high quality service and the comfort of a boutique hotel. Canal House is the first hotel to be certified by Green Globe in Panama that proves their commitment to the environment and local community.
The Canal House is located in Panama's oldest neighborhood - Panama City's colonial old quarter, adjacent to the newly restored Interoceanic Canal Museum. Casco Antiguo is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is quickly being revitalized and now hosts some of the city's best restaurants, cafés and Latin jazz clubs. Casco Antiguo (also known as Casco Viejo), is walking distance from all of the key government ministries and equidistant from both the banking center and the Canal Zone (less than ten minutes by taxi to each), making the hotel an ideal base for business travelers.
Distance to attraction points:
Casco Antiguo Panama: 0.00 km
The colonial neighbourhood also called Casco Antigo or Casco Viejo is located about 10 minutes away, depending on traffic from Tucaya's office.
- Panama Canal - Miraflores Locks: 20.00 km
Panama Down Town and Financial center: 9.00 km
From Calle Ramon Arias to Via España and then at the left hand to Calle 50 is the Bank area, and also the financial center
Gamboa - Pipeline Road: 42.00 km
One hour from Tocumen International Airport and 40 minutes from Panama City.
Metropolitan Nature Park: 12.00 km
The MNP is located in Panama City, Ancon district and is the only protected area in Central America located within city boundaries. The MNP is part of the Biological Corridor located along the east shore of the Panama Canal, which includes the ...
Albrook Domestic Airport (Marcos Gelabert Airport): 15.00 km
The Albrook Domestic Airport offers daily flights to the main tourist destinations - the three archipelagos - Kuna Yala, Bocas del Toro, and Pearl islands; along with the mainland destinations of Darien and David.
- Take the "Corredor Sur" or the expressway/toll road from the International Airport, direction Panama Centro. You will stay on the "Corredor Sur" for about 20 minutes, go through two tolls and then follow the signs to Balboa Avenue
- Once on Balboa Avenue, follow it for about a mile and eventually you will see an overpass and Shell Station
- Make your first left just past the overpass and Shell Station, (there will be a Fish Market on your left, which might be hard to see if you are arriving at night)
- Upon making your first left, then make an immediate right
- About 50 yards further, there is a fork (you can either go hard left, center or right towards Chinatown). Take the Center Street for about 300 yards
- Towards the end of this street, you will come to an open area on your left and you will see the entrance to Casco Viejo (which looks like an onramp / inclined road). Go up the hill and take a right at the fork
- Go straight on this road (9th Street) until you reach Avenida A (3rd Stop Sign)
- Turn left onto Avenida A (you will see a big park, "Plaza Herrera", on your right)
- Head down Avenida A and the Canal House will be on your left as you come to Ave 4a Este